Monday, July 9, 2012

photos!

I have many photos still to upload and stories to tell, but I owe some photos from earlier so here it goes!
These are boys from our homestay. I took a photo of another kid and showed the boys the photo on my camera. After that they posed for photos for a half an hour. They were adorable.
 This is Keva (Ireland) teaching at our homestay.
One of the nights of our homestay we stayed with a family. Our family homestay was...interesting to say the least. Our family spoke almost no english but the grandfather came and talked to us for almost an hour. He hadn't spoken English in six years, but he was surprisingly still really good.  He slept alone, away from his wife, up in the jungle and carried a slingshot in his waistband.
These four girls asked us to play volleyball everyday with them at four--and we did.

After we stayed with the family, we walked to school with the child. This is what I saw while walking to school at six thirty.


 Pretty self explanatory, our elephant ride.

 In Chiang Rai, The Black house. It has weird snakeskins, ram heads, and other weird stuff inside.


The beautiful, spectacular, White Temple.
T






A Waterfall in Chiang Rai.

1 comment:

  1. Rebekah!

    Great to hear you're having fun there. I know this comment is pretty late for a post weeks back, but I just realised that I think this was the place I stayed at during the homestay with Gilbert and Orlando! We didn't visit the Black House and waterfalls so it was one of the things I would've done.

    Nonetheless, have fun there!

    Ingmar

    ReplyDelete